We use Read Write Inc to teach our children the foundations of reading and writing. Ruth Miskin, the creator of Read Write Inc, believes that reading is the key to success in all areas. Read Write Inc is developed to ensure all children succeed in their reading and develop a passion, enjoyment and a lifelong love of books!
In Read Write Inc we:
- assess children every half term on their sound knowledge and blending skills
- group children according to the sounds they already know building on new learning each day
- teach lessons that are fun and full of energy and praise
- partner children so they can teach each other and enjoy each other’s success
- give children an opportunity to enjoy reading for pleasure
Once children have mastered the fundamental skills for reading, writing and spelling through Read, Write Inc they move on to an English curriculum based around a core reading spine using high quality texts that will develop their comprehension and vocabulary and provide a variety of opportunities for writing.
You can find more information, and read a case study on how the method is taught at Tuxford Primary, on the Ruth Miskin website. You can also find out how to say the sounds by watching this Youtube video.